Terms of Service
Effective date: January 1, 2023
This Policy (the “Policy”) explains how CoWork Kingston, LLC collects, uses, and protects personal information that we collect from you through the website https://coworksapp.com/ (“Website”) and Terms and Conditions activated via the purchase of “Services”.
Acceptance of Terms
The following Terms and Conditions (T&C) apply to the Services activated as a client or membership of CoWork Kingston. We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
In the event that Cowork Kingston is unable to open due to a natural disaster, pandemic or the like and is shut down for an extended period of time, we will stop billing until standard business can resume.
Description of Services
The coworking space provides you with access to workstations, internet access, office equipment, conference space, phone booths, breakroom/bathroom facilities and other services (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the T&C.
Day Pass Purchases: Notice of cancellation for Day Passes must be given 6 hours in advance. Notification given in under 6 hours is subject to refund on a case by base basis by management.
Conference Room Rentals: All conference room cancellations are subject to a 3% cancellation fee to be withheld from the refunded charges. Notice of cancellation for conference room rentals must be given at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled bookings.
Notifications given in under 24 hours of scheduled bookings are subject to a 30% cancellation fee to be withheld from the refunded charges. Should the client like to reschedule a booking, cancellation fees can go towards future bookings within the same calendar year.
Membership: It is requested that 30 days notice be given to successfully pause and/or terminate membership with CoWork Kingston. Notification given in under 30 days will be managed on a case by case basis by management. Termination requests must be submitted during a weekday with a 48 hour confirmation cancellation notice window for management to respond. Requests made after business hours or during the weekend will not be acknowledged until the next business day. Once a monthly membership bill is sent to the client no refund will be issued.
The purchase of a Day Pass, Conference Room time, or Membership will result in the collection of personal information. This information may include:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address, and telephone number. This personal information will not be shared with outside parties. Collected email addresses may be added to CoWork Kingston mailing lists. All parties can unsubscribe as seen fit.
- If you supplied your payment information, that information is safely kept and managed by our financial services platform Stripe.
Use of services
You agree that when participating in or using the services, you will not:
- Disclose the Cowork Kingston WiFi password to any outside persons. Wifi password is exclusive to coworking clients only.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, copyright, trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, Worms, time bombs, candlebots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer or property of another coworker.
- Download any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and or/distributed in such manner.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular service (including the Building Rules).
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
- Create false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- No signage can be posted by anyone except management. If you have something that you would like to post up on the refrigerator, etc. please bring it to Melanie.
Cowork Kingston is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items while renting the premises. Cowork Kingston carries Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, you are not required but it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space.
In the event that any provision or portion of this T&C is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this T&C shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
If you have any questions or comments about our Terms of Service, please contact us at email@example.com.